Just the Three of Us
The Art of saying 'Sorry'
Friday, April 30, 2010
Dear Grace,

Upon deeper thinking and reflection, Daddy is going to start writing a series of letters here on Mummy’s blog dedicated to you. Actually, all my previous posts were either about you or consist of certain moral lessons that I want you to learn from. But just in case it is not explicit enough.

Today’s post is about a very humane and difficult topic of making mistakes and more importantly admitting to the mistakes we make. People find it tough to admit their faults and some live in perpetual self-denial because to admit mistakes means a loss of face and pride and the need to compensate the victim in terms of apology/time/money/effort.

I too have made many mistakes in my life and I believe it is inevitable that I will continue to make mistakes in my personal and work life. What I hope distinguishes me from others is that I will admit mistakes I make and to make-up as best as I can.

So dear Grace, be brave and do the right thing when the time comes.

Photobucket